Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/jiforum3/includes/bbcode.php on line 474

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/jiforum3/includes/bbcode.php on line 474

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:474)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3550: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:474)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3551: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:474)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3552: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:474)
Justice Incarnate Forum • View topic - World of Warcraft vs Guild Wars [SPLIT THREAD]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:51 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:14 am 

Hi All

Well i dont know about evryone else but i dont think its the guild thats dead yet its the game that is

As you know i play wow mainly now and there is sooooooo much to do in it plus if you want to get the best armour and gear in the game for 1 char i would prob take you about 1yr to get it

i realy think there is a lack of interest in gw now hopefully they will make gw2 so good it will blow wow out of the water

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:24 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Glory's ultimate solution to lengthen lifespan of GW PvE:

make FoW-like armor drop off bosses like shiro with a rate of 0.1% and let it be customized on looting -> no selling = muuuuuuuch longer playing time

as u can see the WoW devs made it fucking obvious they wanted ppl to play for years to get best equipment.. although in guild wars with enuf RW money u can get about anything off eBay

in the end (so after 4 years of WoW playing and 1 year of GW playing a player would have everything anyway and be bored at both games..)

whats so painful about ppl in this guild playing WoW isn't the fact that they play it and not GW.. it's the fact that the same reason they started playing WoW after having stopped playing GW is only to come after 4 years..

so i guess long wait then..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:45 pm 

Hi All

Sorry to disapont you glory but unlike gw wow relises new armour teairs all the time

e.g. teair 6 armour was relised with the last patch along with a new dungean called the black temple

GW does not add content and i think that is down to the game being free online as wow you have to pay them for it they have far more resorces to make expanstions add armour and dungeaons and they do it offten plus wow servers go down for maintenance every 2 weeks or so to keep them stable

well it just look at the stats WoW is the most popular MMORPG in the world atm closly followed by GW but i still only think that its because gw is free online

anyway i bought GEWN played it for like 3 hours and wanted to go and play more WoW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:32 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

well i guess in WoW they just have way more armor skins than in GW.. yeah thats true.. but what u also have to realise is that the armor in GW is already maxed out => they already have for example +20 Phys Armor on warriors set. If they were to make armor actually also drop with varying mods like +17 phys armor and fixed runes and insignias on ( as in u can't add or salvage them) like adds +2 to strength and +23hp u would also have as much content (in terms of veriance) as WoW despite the lack of different skins, which weren't rly the focus of the GW devs anyways :P

goremaster wrote:
plus wow servers go down for maintenance every 2 weeks or so to keep them stable

lol u rly can't compare that to GW:

WoW servers go down every 2 weeks for 1 hour (i dunno how long they are down this is an example) would mean that on average it would be 26 hours a year (3 hours would be 78 a year)=> that still doesn't prevent situational lag or the additional time u need to get new patches

whereas in GW the servers were (i can't remember any time) never offline completely and even if there was a connection drop u could reconnect, new content is streamed to ur computer in the background(if u don't rush there straight away) and the big engine updates are included in new campaigns or expansions most of the time. Despite the network issues they had this summer the servers were all but unstable and the lag was rly based on ur own connection + players who feel rly bored and join up to lag the server like they do in WoW basically have no chance in GW + there aren't any GMs who don't understand that they can potentially lag the server

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:49 am 

i am just wondering how will the wow transsend .. or how does any mmo do that. I think that in the process they loose some players. but gain some new.. i guess it depends.. i dont know much about that, but like i feels shitty when i think about all that i did in gw .. al the gameplay is baisicly for nothin, because gw 2 is comming and noone will play gw anymore. i duno... i think there comes a time when u just drop it all and go back 2 singleplayer games or if 2 any at all :)

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:27 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

o it's very easy to tell when a new game will come out instead of a expansion or whatever..

if the publisher/developer didn't make as much money as they expected the last 2 expansions => new game xD

o and considering the fact that WoW expansions cost money (i think) just as GW campaigns do it doesn't justify the fact that GW devs have to work waaaay more to get the same amount of content into it as WoW devs do, it just lies in the nature of the gameplay :P

Broly wrote:
al the gameplay is baisicly for nothin

not rly.. the system Anet created made u able to port a bit of ur progress in GW into GW2 thru the HoM. Yes.. I know everybody prefers the character transfer money transfer bla bla bla.. but look at the bright side: only real effort and precious playing time get transfered, Anet can't be sure in any way that the armor or items u have were bought in a normal way (as in not thru farming) whereas u just need to play enuf to get for example protector titles or whatever. That way they can make sure that only real effort and not the effort of a bot ur ppl's stupid farming get transfered.

Besides they only said that we get bonuses in GW2 for what we do now.. they didn't say how xD if u were rly optimistic u could imagine something like u get +100% energy and hp for every title u have in the HoM.. lol