Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/jiforum3/includes/bbcode.php on line 474

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/jiforum3/includes/bbcode.php on line 474

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:474)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3550: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:474)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3551: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:474)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3552: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:474)
Justice Incarnate Forum • View topic - TeamSpeak / Ventrilo / Mumble - in-game voice communication

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: TeamSpeak / Ventrilo / Mumble - in-game voice communication
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:48 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

OK.. If you happen to land on this page either your 1. Interested in TeamSpeak or Ventrilo or Mumble and want to use it... 2. Got sent here by one of the members... or 3. Want another reason to laugh at me in game..

Anyways.. as you all know.. I am going to help all of you TeamSpeak / Ventrilo / Mumble newbies set up TeamSpeak /Ventrilo / Mumble in this guide.

Follow the steps as much as you can:

TeamSpeak

1. Go to the TeamSpeak Download Page and download the CLIENT that is compatible with your Operating system.

2. Run the installer and follow the instructions.

3. Go back to the Forum Index and click on the link to a server/channel to connect to it automatically. (Note that you have to be registered and logged in to view the servers.)

4. Assure that your microphone is selected as your sound input source and that it is unmuted and set to a decent volume in the Windows Volume Control.

Ventrilo

1. Go to the Ventrilo Download Page and download the CLIENT that is compatible with your Operating system.

3. Go back to the Forum Index and click on the link to a server/channel to add it to your server collection in Ventrilo automatically. (Note that you have to be registered and logged in to view the servers.)

4. Create a username and set all of your settings appropriately.

5. Connect to the server.

6. Assure that your microphone is selected as your sound input source and that it is unmuted and set to a decent volume in the Windows Volume Control.

Mumble

1. Go to the Mumble Website and download the CLIENT that is compatible with your Operating system. ( Windows: x.x.x (Stable) --- I assume if you are smart enough to use Linux you would have figured it out already. Mac users can go and pay someone to install it for them. )

3. Go back to the Forum Index and click on the link to a server/channel to connect to it automatically. (Note that you have to be registered and logged in to view the servers.)

If you have any problems with getting your TeamSpeak or Ventrilo or Mumble client up and running just whisper me in game anytime I'm on. Waiting to hear you all in TS/Vent/Mumble!

Last edited by Glory on Fri May 11, 2007 3:22 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:30 am 

Well i know TS well, setted up my own 10 man server, had no lagg or such, but i don't like TS for several reasons:

1. I don't have a mic anymore, atleast not until i ask a friend again since i gave mine away since i'd rather not put lyrics in my music.

2. I type much faster then i could ever possibly speak.

3. I can barely ever use it without me parents listening or calling a psychiatrist, since i may live upstairs that doesn't mean that door stops all sound, and considering i game mostly at evening times i prefer to stay quiet.

4. You Like Muffins, You Must Like Them!
(randoooooom :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:05 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

hmm sad :P I also still live with my parents.. but they never hear a thing :P must be cause i talk in infrasound hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:52 pm 

well im not much of a talker on the internets anyways, i may talk alot in RL but on internet i just type, much easier (for me)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm 

True some of the things...

But one main point why yous should use TS..
Ur in GvG or pvp... what ur gona stop and type something... in these kind of situation quick response and rection are nesesary.
8) so u have ur hands free to pwn nobs :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:21 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

u... must.. feel.. the... frustration.. of playing.. ut2004 ctf... when ur 2m from ur flag.. and having to reply to ur friend on chat... u will.. feel.. the pain.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:37 am 

i never have to stop walking when chatting, and i dont feel any pain nor frustration in FPS games, and for GvG/PvP stuff i never do that anyways, im to relaxed to bother about builds and such, i got my officers to do GvG as they already try with a team, but PvP is with no doubt not my game.

You may like or dislike me now, i don't know but to this point i can say that no-one has ever made me interested in TS or all the more 'serious' stuff about games, i might be gaming all day but im not hardcore when it comes to always winning and being the best with the latest and best stuff, its just not who i am.

and as for being 2 meters from the flag then i just dont reply immediatly, some1 else on my team can easily talk to him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:06 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

suits me.. TS is supposed to make our lives more enjoyable.. not less :P

Post subject: The next generation
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:18 pm 

Hi guys

Well me and glory sucsessfully ran ventrilo last night the quality is 10 times better and the connection does not seam to have any lag i sugest we start using this as it would be better for understanding some ppl as well as i think its much easyer to set up as well

(Plus it works with Microsoft Vista and TS does not)
:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:39 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

time to implement a ventrilo server status screen then =_= (i am such a skript kiddie...)

Post subject: Taking it back
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:09 pm 

i take it back VENT SUCKS big time the lag is insane i was using it and GW and i was jumping all over the place with TS i was running internet radio GW TS and vista sidebars eg (Clock, Weather) and it was still running fast

:roll: )Vent Server Has Been Removed) :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:32 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

not like they can help it :P I think it was my sux connection the whole time hehe ^^ whenever i used vent in a HA spiker team we had less than 0.1 sec lag.. most prob cause we used commercial servers.. should look for one ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:55 pm 
 YIM  Profile

well helped glory in finding some Ventrilo servers. We can check it out tonight and see how it goes .. :)

Post subject: Re: TeamSpeak / Ventrilo - in-game voice communication
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:02 pm 

dude close the registration shit on the forum, fucking spammers

Post subject: Re: TeamSpeak / Ventrilo - in-game voice communication
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:13 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Broly wrote:
dude close the registration shit on the forum, fucking spammers

Deleted posts
Made CAPTCHA harder for bots (and retarded humans) to recognize
Activated E-Mail account confirmation